5 Most Common Issues with Garage Doors
Garage doors can be susceptible to a number of common issues. Here are the five most common ones:
- Malfunctioning garage door opener – One of the most common problems with garage doors is a malfunctioning garage door opener. If your opener is not working, first make sure that it is properly plugged into an outlet and that the power is on. If it is plugged in and the power is on, then you may need to replace the garage door opener.
- Broken or damaged springs – Garage door springs are responsible for lifting and lowering the door. If one of your door springs is broken or damaged, it can cause the door to not open or close properly. You will need garage door repair Norfolk to replace the springs.
- Warped or rusted garage door – The garage door may warp due to weather conditions, old age, or improper garage door care, which makes it difficult to open and close easily. If your garage door is warped or rusted, you can hire a garage door repair company to fix it for you.
- Clogged or rusty garage door tracks – The garage door tracks can become clogged with dirt, leaves, and other debris, which will make the garage door difficult to open and close. You can clean the tracks yourself with a broom or hire a garage door repair company to do it for you.
- Damaged garage door panels – Garage door panels can be damaged by weather conditions, accidents, or even vandals. If one of your garage door panels is damaged, you will need garage door repair to have it replaced.
If you are experiencing any of these common garage door issues, please call a garage door repair company for assistance. They will be able to help you get your garage door up and running again in no time.